Redundancies, whether voluntary or involuntary, can be life changing events, both financially and non-financially.
Whether you are in the private sector or public service, have been offered a voluntary redundancy or have been made involuntarily redundant, our advice to you will cover:
- Cash flow implications, which will necessarily take into account things such as mortgage repayments, school fees and insurances.
- Tax potentially payable on a lump sum you receive, and how this can be best managed going forward.
- Eligibility for Centrelink benefits.
- The implications this will have on your Super and retirement planning options.
- Your benefit entitlement options if you are a Defined Benefit Scheme member.
- Cash flow and tax planning if you decide self employment is your next career move.
Our aim is to equip you with the information necessary to make the best financial decisions for yourself and your family. This should better allow you to focus your efforts on any non-financial decisions you need to make.